Florentine Biscuits from Riviera Patisserie
The Florentine Biscuits of the Riviera Pastry
- 80 g flaked almonds
- 80 g fruit cubes
- 70 g sugar
- 70 g creme fraiche
- 60 ml honey
- 100 g of chocolate at 60%
- In a saucepan combine the honey, sugar, sour cream and butter.
- Boil for 8 minutes over very low heat.
- Combine the slivered almonds, cubed fruit and orange peel.
- Spread the preparation in small heaps on a baking paper, sprinkle with the fruits and almonds.
- Bake in a medium oven for 7 or 8 minutes and take them out of the oven when they are golden brown. Spread a layer of chocolate with a brush on the smooth side of the Florentine and let the chocolate harden.
- Decorate with half a candied bigarreau.