The Orangerie Mulled Wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 200 g brown sugar
- 6 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 berry leaves
- 1 nutmeg, grated
- 2 bottles of red wine (full-bodied or fruity)
- 2 anise stars
- + 30 -50 cl from L'Orangerie, once all the ingredients are incorporated
- Peel large slices of the peel of clementines, lemons and limes
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and add the sugar, the strips and the clementine juice
- Stir in the cloves, cinnamon stick, berry leaves and 10 to 12 nutmeg graters, then pour in enough red wine to cover the sugar.
- Simmer until the sugar dissolves completely in the red wine then bring the solution to a boil for 4 to 5 minutes, until you have a reduction / syrup.
- When the syrup is ready, lower the temperature, add your anise star and the rest of the red wine. Gently heat the wine and after 5 minutes, when it is well warmed, add your L'Orangerie liqueur and serve in heat-resistant glasses.